Wednesday, 10 September 2014

Lies

My life is a lie.
The words repeat to a drum beat in my head and I find it hard to focus.
Lie lie lie.
All of my life I thought it was normal, thought that our Masters were only trying to protect us, do what's right by us.
The tall walls trapping us in the city were put there to block people out, to keep us precious humans safe from the wild animals.
I was wrong, I was so wrong to believe what they told us, to believe that the world outside the city was barren and empty.
Only now, after such a very long time being locked inside do I fully understand the truth. The Masters do not care, we don't mean anything to them. We are to them what animals are to us, and so they lock us in, make sure that we don't have anything to compare our quality of life too.
To them we are simply livestock, kept inside the wall to stop us from learning anything different.
I do not know why, or what they want with us, but now I understand what the wall is. A cage.
I wonder what would have happened to me if I hadn't spotted a small hole at the base of the red bricked wall, if I hadn't decided to try and squeeze through it.
I know I'd have never seen this, never seen the tall green trees, the lush spongy grass that seems to almost cushion my feet. I never would have seen the rainbow of flowers in more colours than I knew existed. I never would have known freedom, never known truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment