Tuesday, 23 September 2014

Mama, Mummy, Mum, Mummy

This is a poem I'm doing for my creative writing class

Mama, Mummy, Mum, Mummy.
Mama,
More sounds than real words
but somehow you knew,
and you would pick me up, a crying child
to sing me to sleep again.
Mummy,
The excited cry of a young child
the world still bright and new
Cuts and bruises fixed by a hug and kiss,
You always knew what to do.
Mum,
The frustrated yell of a teenager who didn’t understand.
I’d scream and shout and still you took it all,
a selfish fool who should have known better.
And then Mummy again,
As I hold your hand and perfect my fake smile
and I wonder why it was you,
yet despite your hardships
you smile back and I realise
Though things may change,
and it may hurt to say the words
the meaning is all the same.
Mama, Mummy, Mum, Mummy. You are my world

No comments:

Post a Comment